CHURCH NOTRE-DAME DE BON SECOURS

  • la-bernerie-plage-basse-definition-23-sur-54-8400
  • église Notre dame
la-bernerie-plage-basse-definition-23-sur-54-8400église Notre dame

Presentation

The church was blessed in 1856 and is the work of architects Chaigneau and Chenantais.
This church was built on the site of the former Notre-Dame de Bon-Secours chapel, blessed on April 26, 1845 and itself replacing a 17th century chapel. The bell tower dates from 1853. After being enlarged in the 19th century, the church was only opened for worship in 1862. The gallery dates from 1922. The great organ, which dates from 1860, was bought in 1922 by the municipality of La Bernerie-en-Retz: it was modified in 1939 ( addition of a nasar game) and in 1889 (modification of the console). The painting titled "The Virgin and Child" was donated by Napoleon III in 1867. The painting titled "Grignon de Montfort", work of A. Ayloul, dates from 1925. There is also a fresco by the Bernese painter Edgard Maxence above the main door. The polyphonic organ, the work of the factor Debierre, dates from 1884.
Information
  • PERIOD OF SITE OR HISTORIC MONUMENT :
    • 19th century
  • RELIGIOUS HERITAGE :
    • Church
  • PETS :
    • Pets not allowed
  • ACESSIBILITY :
    • Accessible with help
  • Geographical zone :
    • La Bernerie en Retz

Map

FICHE_INFO_SIMPLE_LIBELLE_DESTINATION
ÉGLISE NOTRE-DAME DE BON SECOURS
place de L'église
44760
LA BERNERIE EN RETZ
GPS coordinates
Latitude : 47.08091
Longitude : -2.03591
Contact details
CHURCH NOTRE-DAME DE BON SECOURS
place de L'église
44760
LA BERNERIE EN RETZ