LIGHTHOUSE OF THE NOEVEILLARD

  • Noéveillard lighthouse, snsm, lifeguards at sea, maritime heritage, destination pornic

Presentation

 The lighthouse of Pornic, built in 1845, is put into operation July 1, 1846. At the time, it is the very beginning of the urbanization of the coast, and it is the only building in this part of the Noéveillard near the beach.
At the end of 1885, the Lighthouses and Beacons services decided to carry out fitting out works for the lighthouse keeper and his family, because the building was too small, and to redo the slate roof. The work carried out the following year gave the building the appearance of the current lighthouse, which is still in operation but was automated in the early 1980s.

The company of Lighthouses and Beacons gradually abandoning these monuments because they are too expensive in maintenance, the City of Pornic has exercised its right of pre-emption to "preserve a heritage and thus avoid seeing a lighthouse leave for a new residence.

In 2009, the building, now owned by the City of Pornic, is made available to the SNSM (Société Nationale de Sauvetage en Mer). The lifeguards at sea find new premises.

It is possible to follow a presentation of the site with members of the SNSM as part of a visit "MEETINGS WITH OUR PASSIONS" entitled THE Lighthouse of the NOEVEILLARD "The scout of the coast is unveiled" organized by the Office of Tourism Intercommunal Pornic.
Information
  • PERIOD OF SITE OR HISTORIC MONUMENT :
    • 19th century
  • DETAILS FOR CIVIL ARCHITECTURE :
    • Lighthouse
  • PETS :
    • Pets not allowed
  • ACESSIBILITY :
    • No access for mobility impaired persons
  • Geographical zone :
    • Pornic

Map

Map

FICHE_INFO_SIMPLE_LIBELLE_DESTINATION
PHARE DE LA NOEVEILLARD
Rue Claude et Rosy Gourio
44210
PORNIC
GPS coordinates
Latitude : 47.11031
Longitude : -2.11537
Contact details
LIGHTHOUSE OF THE NOEVEILLARD
Rue Claude et Rosy Gourio
44210
PORNIC