OLD PRESBYTERY

  • ancien-presbytere-bourgneuf-1-17247
  • ancien-presbytere-bourgneuf-2-17246
ancien-presbytere-bourgneuf-1-17247ancien-presbytere-bourgneuf-2-17246
test

Presentation

The old presbytery of Bourgneuf dates from before the 17th century, we find it notified on a plan by Liverman from 1695. At that time, the "new town" was in full expansion. Between the presbytery and the church is the cemetery, there are also ban ovens.
At this period, the " new town of Bourgneuf" was a parish that had to be Christianized. In the city between the 12th and 15th centuries a convent of Franciscan monks or Cordeliers (located at the level of the current Museum), a Church, and several chapels. The faithful being more and more numerous, the old church will be demolished then rebuilt and the cemetery moved. Today, the presbytery still exists with a few surrounding walls. It no longer belongs to the diocese, it is private property, and it today welcomes guests rentals.
Information
  • PERIOD OF SITE OR HISTORIC MONUMENT :
    • Renaissance
    • 18th century
  • RELIGIOUS HERITAGE :
    • Presbytery
  • Geographical zone :
    • Villeneuve-en-retz

Map

Map

FICHE_INFO_SIMPLE_LIBELLE_DESTINATION
ANCIEN PRESBYTÈRE
Rue du Bon Port
Bourgneuf-en-Retz
44580
VILLENEUVE EN RETZ
GPS coordinates
Latitude : 47.04244
Longitude : -1.95262
Contact details
OLD PRESBYTERY
Rue du Bon Port
Bourgneuf-en-Retz
44580
VILLENEUVE EN RETZ