SAINT ANNE CHURCH OF VUE

  • Eglise Sainte-Anne
  • Eglise Sainte-Anne
Eglise Sainte-AnneEglise Sainte-Anne

Presentation

The parish church of Sainte-Anne conceals a gilded silver chalice from the 17th century, adorned with a crowned “C”, which would come from the abbey of Buzay. The Sainte-Anne church replaces the old 11th century Saint-Philbert church.
While the Saint-Philibert church experienced fires and reconstructions, the inhabitants built a chapel next to it. This will later be used as a place of worship during the Revolution. It will be enlarged to accommodate the faithful and will become the parish church from 1801 to 1855.

In the middle of the 19th century, the chapel began to collapse. The inhabitants then decided to demolish it and build a new church. The first stone was laid on June 23, 1854. The workers worked on the bell tower until Easter 1856. The work was completed on November 11, 1868 with the installation of the ball crowning the spire.

The church is naturally dedicated to Saint Anne. Indeed, the parish priest of the time insisted on keeping this patronage, observing the scope of pilgrimages. Every year, on July 26, a mass is celebrated in the church to pay homage to the saint.
Information
  • RELIGIOUS HERITAGE :
    • Church
  • Geographical zone :
    • Vue

Map

FICHE_INFO_SIMPLE_LIBELLE_DESTINATION
L'ÉGLISE SAINT-ANNE
Place Sainte-Anne
44640
VUE
GPS coordinates
Latitude : 47.19982
Longitude : -1.87786
Contact details
SAINT ANNE CHURCH OF VUE
Place Sainte-Anne
44640
VUE