THE VILLAGE OF THE PILON BRIDGE

Presentation

The Pilon bridge, located in the village of the same name, has been used to cross the Tenu since 1865. This village is a very old place of passage, frequented by pilgrims who went to Saint-Jacques-de-Compostelle.

At that time, they could stop in the chapel dedicated to Sainte-Apolline, which has now disappeared. The Brillaud de Laujardière family erected a cross in his memory.

At Le Pilon, the Tenu valley is narrower, it was the ideal place for the establishment of water mills, which notably disrupted the flow of water for several centuries.
Information
  • DETAILS FOR CIVIL ARCHITECTURE :
    • City / Village / District
  • Geographical zone :
    • Cheix-en-Retz

Map

FICHE_INFO_SIMPLE_LIBELLE_DESTINATION
LE VILLAGE DU PILON
Pilon
44640
CHEIX EN RETZ
GPS coordinates
Latitude : 47.17316
Longitude : -1.78740
Contact details
THE VILLAGE OF THE PILON BRIDGE
Pilon
44640
CHEIX EN RETZ